A Day in the Life of a Mere Man

Ok, so it's not updated daily. Give me a break. *Points at the phrase "mere man"*

Friday, July 23, 2010

Italy!

Yes, I realize this is two "new" posts in one day, but frankly I don't care, since the other post was actually like three weeks or more old. Besides, i have great things to write about! my permanent duty station is Camp Ederle in Vicenza, Italy! I am most pleased with this duty assignment. I do not know what unit i will be a part of, since all my orders say is Vicenza, but there is a good chance that i will be assigned to a batallion of the 173rd Airborne Brigade Combat Team, which is a pretty sweet deal. Just being part of an airborne unit is cool enough as it is, but the brigade is deploying to Afghanistan in August, which would be exciting to say the least. Yes, it would suck to go play in the sandbox shortly after becoming part of the unit in Italy, but i am looking forward to the excitement that comes with going new places and actually being part of the "real army", the part that goes out and DOES STUFF.
as my good friend Chris Sedgewick says, "DO WORK SON". Good stuff. I may not be an infantryman, but i can DO WORK and i fully intend to when i get there. i have had more than enough rest time here at home, spending good quality time with mi familia and am kinda itching to get on to the next great thing. Even if the next great thing really sucks.
All the way, AIRBORNE!

No comments: