A Day in the Life of a Mere Man

Ok, so it's not updated daily. Give me a break. *Points at the phrase "mere man"*

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Today was really weird

Do you ever have times where you're just sitting there at your computer, and you zone out, and then it seems like time just warps out of its natural frame and starts running away from you? And you want nothing more than to stop it from happening, but it's totally out of your power to do so?

I definitely had something like that happen to me today. I got back to the office after a hour-long drive back from Brussels for training, and was looking through some article or something on the Awesomer (which is a fun site in it's own right, and definitely not the cause of the time warp) and suddenly everything my NCO said warped into hyperspeed. I was unable to look away from the screen, or really move from my desk in any way, when out of the fog came an old joke Sgt. Karbowski and I hashed over a dozen times. I laughed, and that seemed to break the spell, only to send me into this weird mood swing where I could tangibly feel myself gyrating from manic to depressive and back again, the urge both to belly-laugh and to cry my eyes out ebbing and flowing, all with an undercurrent of anger that I wasn't in control of the situation.

I really have no idea what caused it. My best guess is that I had had an unusually large amount of coffee before, during, and after the drive back, and that maybe the excessive caffeine in my system may have triggered the "trip". Other than that I have no idea.

So that's what I did today.

No comments: